Housing Stats ∙ Post Harvey Tips ∙ Leslie Lerner Properties Saving Homeowners Money
August was a very memorable month for Houstonians. Harvey wreaked havoc on so many lives mentally and physically. Through it all, it was great to see everyone come together to help those in need.
As the days turn to weeks, many of you may have many unanswered questions. Leslie Lerner Properties is here to assist you through this difficult time and discuss your options. After careful thought, you decide to sell your existing home, or purchase a new one, Leslie Lerner Properties would greatly appreciate the opportunity to show you how to save money in the process.
Presently, many of us are scrambling to put all the pieces back together. There are many forms to fill out, and calls to be made. We are going to take this opportunity to pass along some information we have acquired that may be useful to you.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Take a lot of photos.
- Document, document, document – Keep records of conversations, meetings, application submittal, etc.
- Keep receipts.
- File a claim with FEMA prior to October 24, 2017.
- You have 60 days to appeal after receiving a response to your application.
- FEMA has to respond to your appeal within 90 days of receipt.
HELPFUL PHONE NUMBERS AND LINKS
- How to file your claim.
- Apply for FEMA Assistance Online
- Check the status of your application.
- FEMA Helpline: 1.800.621.FEMA (3362)
- FEMA Disaster Assistance Help Webform
- NFIP Flood Insurance Claims Book
- NFIP Policy Guideline Fact Sheet
- NFIP Dwelling Form – Standard Flood Insurance Policy
- NFIP Summary of Coverage
- NFIP Worksheet – Contents – Personal Property
- FEMA Claims Guidance – Structural Drying and Other Related Items
- FEMA Increased Cost of Compliance Coverage
- FEMA Flood Damage-Resistant Materials Requirements
- FEMA Waste, Fraud and Abuse Hotline: 1.800.323.8603 (you don’t have to give your name) ∙ Email Chief Security Officer Tipline: FEMA-OCSO-Tipline@fema.dhs.gov
Texas, City of Houston & Harris County
- Texas Department of Insurance Guide for Filing Claims
- Disaster Unemployment Insurance
- City of Houston Residential Repair Permit Guidelines
- Harris County Flood Control District Voluntary Flood Buyout
- City of Houston Flood and Wind Event Notice
- Harris County Residential Debris and Damage Assessment Hotline: 713.274.3880
- National Center for Disaster Fraud: 866.720.5721 ∙ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Red Cross Financial Assistance for Hurricane Harvey
- Mortgage relief options up to 12 months
- SBA Disaster Assistance Loans
- State Bar of Texas Legal Hotline: 1.800.504.7030
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers or 713.228.0735
- Houston Bar Association Legal Line
- Legal Services Corporation
- Lone Star Legal Aid
When thinking about selling your home, a Comparative Market Analysis is the best way to determine your home’s value.
Find Your Home’s Value
How do our Flat Fee Listings and Rebated Commissions work?
Houston home sales plummeted in all August across all price ranges and categories. Many sales scheduled to close at the end of the month were delayed due to Hurricane Harvey.
According to the latest monthly report prepared by the Houston Association of REALTORS® (HAR):
|Category||Jan. 2017||Feb. 2017||Mar. 2017||Apr. 2017||May 2017||June 2017||July 2017||Aug. 2017|
|Total Property Sales||4,997||6,111||8,495||8,014||9,744||9,993||8,821||7,077|
|Total Active Listings||34,958||35,685||37,926||39,567||41,257||43,326||44,299||42,822|
|Single-Family Home Sales||4,080||4,933||7,013||6,583||8,156||8,414||7,440||5,917|
|Single_Family Months of Inventory||3.5||3.5||3.8||4.0||4.1||4.4||4.5||4.4|
|Single-Family Pending Sales||6,286||6,908||8,311||8,382||8,808||8,363||7,940||6,295|
|Days on Market||64||66||60||55||51||50||48||50|
Single-Family Sales by Price Range (Harris, Fort Bend, Brazoria, Montgomery & Waller Counties):
|Price Range||Jan. 2017||Feb. 2017||Mar. 2017||Apr. 2017||May 2017||June 2017||July 2017||Aug. 2017|
|$1 - $99,999||167||203||217||193||227||206||202||148|
|$100,000 - $149,999||575||565||732||657||776||720||666||531|
|$150,000 - $249,999||1,362||1,684||2,386||2,253||2,705||2,761||2,549||2,042|
|$250,000 - $499,999||1,108||1,539||2,173||2,055||2,569||2,652||2,210||1,838|
|$500,000 - $749,999||210||225||368||309||439||521||396||315|
|$750,000 and above||132||162||226||253||273||335||301||228|
- Single-family home sales plunged 25.4 percent year-over-year with 5,917 units sold ;
- Single-family home sales broken out by price range:
- $1 – $99,999: decreased 40.0 percent
- $100,000 – $149,999: decreased 40.0 percent
- $150,000 – $249,999: decreased 21.7 percent
- $250,000 – $499,999: decreased 20.6 percent
- $500,000 – $749,999: decreased 31.9 decreased
- $750,000 and above: decreased 17.2 percent
- Total property sales dropped 24.2 percent with 7,077 units sold;
- Total dollar volume fell 22.2 percent to $2.0 billion;
- Single-family homes months of inventory grew to a 4.4-months supply;
- Days on Market for single-family homes was unchanged at 50;
- Townhome/condominium sales dropped 31.4 percent, with the average price down 1.1 percent;
- Leases of single-family homes rose 9.4 percent with average rent unchanged at $1,857;
- Volume of townhome/condominium leases jumped 17.0 percent with average rent down 2.2 percent to $1,551.
LESLIE LERNER PROPERTIES WILL:
- We will rebate 1.5% of the Buyer’s Agent’s Commission if we show you 1 – 3 homes.
- We will rebate 1% if we show you 4 – 6 homes.
- List Homes $300,000 – $799,999 for $4,500
- List Homes $800,000 – $1,499,999 for $12,000
- List Homes $1,500,000 – $1,999,999 for $25,000
- List Homes above $2,000,000 for $30,000
- $200,000 – $299,999 for 1.5%
If you think it is time to buy or sell a home, remember to call Leslie Lerner Properties at 713.489.9900. Leslie Lerner Properties is the Home of Flat Fee Listings and Rebated Commissions. A great amount of information can be found at LeslieLernerProperties.com.
Leslie Lerner Properties offers all of the service for less money, when buying or selling a home.