Housing Stats ∙ Innovative Products for the Home Unveiled at CES 2017
HOUSTON HOUSING MARKET SAW YEAR-OVER-YEAR GAINS IN JANUARY
The Houston area housing market started off the year with across-the-board gains compared to January 2016. Homes priced between $500,000 and $750,000 showed the strongest sales activity. Sales of homes priced at $750,000 and above remained strong for the third consecutive month.
Single-family homes inventory grew from grew from a 3.3-months supply to 3.5 months. Across the U.S., inventory is at a 3.6 months supply. Days on the market grew to 64 days.
According to the latest monthly report prepared by the Houston Association of REALTORS® (HAR):
Total Property Sales
Total Dollar Volume
Total Active Listings
Single-Family Home Sales
Single-Family Months of Inventory
Single-Family Pending Sales
Days on Market
- Single-family home sales rose 1.7 percent compared to last January with 4,080 units sold;
- Single-family home sales broken out by price range:
- $1 – $79,999: decreased 16.3 percent
- $80,000 – $149,999: decreased 9.4 percent
- $150,000 – $249,999: increased 4.1 percent
- $250,000 – $499,999: increased 3.7 percent
- $500,000 – $749,999: increased 16.5 percent
- $750,000 and above: increased 14.3 percent
- Total property sales edged up 0.9 percent with 4,997 units sold;
- Total dollar volume jumped 6.2 percent to $1.3 billion;
- Single-family homes months of inventory climbed to a 3.5-months supply;
- Days on Market for single-family homes edged up to 64 days versus 63 last year;
- Townhome/condominium sales fell 5.4 percent;
- Leases of single-family homes rose 5.7 percent with average rent down slightly to $1,718;
- Leases of townhomes/condominiums increased 6.0 percent with average rent down 4.7 percent to $1,497.
>>>Read the entire release.
Innovative Products for the Home Unveiled at CES 2017
The International Consumer Electronics Show took place in Las Vegas last month, and many “smart” innovations were exhibited. Technology is really changing the way we live. Here are a few items that may enhance your “smart” home.
The Family Hub™ is a revolutionary new refrigerator with a Wifi enabled touchscreen that lets you manage your groceries, connect with your family and entertain like never before. It has three built in cameras that take a photo every time the doors close. Photos can be accessed from anywhere. The Family Hub™ can help coordinate everyone’s schedules, leave notes and reminders, show off pictures and stream music and video.
LG’s InstaView™ Door-in-Door® refrigerators have a tinted glass panel that allows you to see inside the door without letting the cold air out. Knock twice on the glass to illuminate the contents within. Options include French 3-door and 4-door models.
Designed to keep you and your partner effortlessly comfortable, the Sleep Number 360™ smart bed senses your movements then automatically adjusts firmness, comfort and support–your Sleep Number® setting–to keep you both sleeping blissfully, all night long. The smart bed can pre-warm each side of the bed.
Smart Remote is the world’s first contextual control system for connected homes. It lets you control everything at home with just one touch. When you point Smart Remote at a device, the screen automatically adapts and you just need one touch to control it. A seamless and intuitive control system.
ATOM AR3 by Amarylio is the world’s first outdoor intelligent security robot that can recognize faces and auto-track intruders 360 degrees even from behind. It can identify a human face in just one second and detect over 100 people simultaneously. AR3 revolutionizes today’s CCTV and safeguards your loved ones.
Arlo Pro Wire-Free HD Security Cameras By Netgear are the first ever wire-free cameras that are weatherproof, include night vision, two-way audio, 100+ decibel siren and are powered by modular rechargeable batteries that can be easily swapped out or charged using a Arlo Pro Solar Panel.
Blink 2.0 is the one-of-a-kind home security and HD video monitoring system that is revolutionizing the home security space through its unprecedented image quality, battery life (two years on two AA lithium batteries), and price point (systems start at $99, a fraction of the cost of other systems).
See what you have in the refrigerator, even when you’re out, is the premise for the new Smarter FridgeCam. You no longer need to wonder and guess if you have milk in the fridge, instead of overbuying and wasting food you can simply check the Smarter app and find out exactly what you need and when you need it.
LESLIE LERNER PROPERTIES WILL:
- List Homes $300,000 – $799,999 for $4,500
- List Homes $800,000 – $1,499,999 for $12,000
- List Homes $1,500,000 – $1,999,999 for $25,000
- List Homes above $2,000,000 for $30,000
- $200,000 – $299,999 for $1.5%
- We will rebate 1.5% of the Buyer’s Agent’s Commission if we show you 1 – 3 homes.
- We will rebate 1% if we show you 4 – 6 homes.
If you think it is time to buy or sell a home, remember to call Leslie Lerner Properties at 713.489.9900. Leslie Lerner Properties is the Home of Flat Fee Listings and Rebated Commissions. A great amount of information can be found at www.LeslieLernerProperties.com. Leslie Lerner Properties offers all of the service for less money, when buying or selling a home.